Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Shawl Cowl




I am happy to report that while playing with my Cascade Lana Grande, I created this beautiful Shawl Cowl. I think shawl collars are so very flattering and after bending the fabric a bit the cowl emerged. I added two simple Plymouth wooden buttons and attached them with i-cord loops.
Voila - it was done. A very simple and good looking cowl. I am ready for the winter.

Here is the Shawl Cowl pattern:

Materials:
Take two skeins of Cascade Lana Grande or Rowan Big Wool or Rowan Drift
Size US 15 needle (straight or circular as you please)

Cast on 26 stitches and knit in garter Stitch for 60 ridges or 120 rows
(it takes almost two balls)
(27" long and 11" wide)
Fold one edge over so that 3.5" overlaps to create the shawl collar look.
Sew on two buttons 1.75" from each edge.
Create two I-cord loops about 3" long (make larger loops if you are using larger buttons). On the end opposite the buttons, attach the loops on the long end 1.75" and 3.5" from the corner. These loops will be attached on the side that is not folded down to create the collar.
Voila, your Shawl Cowl is done! Great last minute knitted gift!

(Need help with I-Cord? Check out this video!)

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful knit and perfect for warming the neck. I love the shawl collar, too! Thanks for publishing this pattern.

    ReplyDelete